Sunday, April 18, 2010

2010 MSCS Quilt Challenge

After months of worrying about what I had done to accept a challenge to participate in designing my own quilt....it is completed!
The quilt shop that initiated the challenge sent us a pattern to make the blocks for six consecutive months and the only rule was we had to use the background and floral print in each block. They also would send us various other fabrics each month with the block pattern and it was us to us whether we chose to use them or use other prints. Over the six months, I had used what I was sent, but then by the time I received the sixth block...the fabric choices didn't look good together. So, back to the drawing board and I ended up remaking three of the blocks trying to give some color consistency.
The rest of the challenge was to complete the quilt with our own design, get it quilted, bound, labeled and it must be at the quilt shop in Minnesota by May 1st.

I am so happy to have this project behind me and can tell you I won't do this again when I have so many other commitments hanging over me.

Once again, I requested a local quilter by the name of Angela Walters to do the quilting. I must admit that I was blown away when I saw the quilt as she made each block stand out on its own. Angela, thank you for helping me complete this special project.

I will post one final picture of one of the blocks so you can see the quilting up close.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks Kathy! The pictures look great, you did an awesome job piecing it.

    ReplyDelete