Sunday, April 18, 2010

Quilts for Silent Auction at 2010 NN Quilt Show



As many of you know, I haven't posted in awhile. So I thought I would show you a couple of the quilts I have been working on. These are two miniatures that I will be donating to the silent auction at the Northland Needlers 2010 Quilt Show that is coming up in September. The Northland Needlers is a Quilt Show comprised of two local quilt guilds (a daytime guild - Northland Quilt Guild and a nighttime guild - Nitetime Needlers). I belong to the nighttime guild and am co-chairperson of the nighttime committee.
The label to the left is the label that I embroidered and have put on the two quilts I am donating.



The quilt to the right is called Civil War Legacies and the pattern called to make the quilt up in plaids. Well, since I am not a big fan of plaids and have all of this Thimbleberries fabric around, I made this little quilt up from 1-1/2 and 2-1/2-inch strips in my stash.

The two miniatures were pieced by me, of course, and then a local quilter (Angela Walters) quilted the quilts for me for free. She wanted to do this because she knew that I was donating the quilts and the money raised from the auction is going to support a local charity that our quilt guilds like to support - Synergy House.

Thank you Angela, as always, your quilting is outstanding and some lucky winner of these quilts will have a treasure.



This little quilt is called "A Tisket A Tasket" and is a Thimbleberries pattern by Lynette Jensen. And for the ones that don't know it (are there any of you?), I am a huge Thimbleberries fan.
Again, Angela Walters quilted the quilt for me and her outstanding work helped to complete the quilt.
I also had to add some embroidery work to a couple of the baskets and I must admit, it is very cute. If I hadn't already committed myself in donating this quilt, I would be adding it to my huge inventory of quilts. But a promise is a promise!! lol
My hopes is that some of you reading this blog will be enticed to come to our quilt show in September and bid on the quilts. Remember, the money raised goes to a good cause.
Thank you for stopping by to read what I have been up to. I will be making another post later today and will unveil the quilt I designed for a Thimbleberries Challenge.





No comments:

Post a Comment