Sunday, January 10, 2010

2009 Thimbleberries Big Club Quilt

Despite being a little under the weather, I have managed to finish piecing my 2009 Thimbleberries BCQ.

The original variation of the quilt was to have been 80" x 98", but I needed the quilt to be larger than that to cover my queen size mattress and box springs. Therefore, after much thought and planning my variation ended by being 99" x 118".

I also made some changes to the pattern as I thought the center was a little busy for my taste. Again, making some variations to the pattern, I added sashing between the various block sections to give it a little cleaner look.

You might also notice that 30 of the 6" blocks were embroidered. Thimbleberries had provided a cheater fabric for these blocks.

Now, back to my sewing room and do a little clean up. It really feels nice to have this project completed. I will need to find someone to custom quilt this project for me as with all of the embroidery, I do not want an all over quilting. Some day I hope to have this quilt appraised.

1 comment:

  1. Your new Thimbleberries quilt is beautiful. You are fortunate to have such nice embroideries for the applique blocks. I am at the stage that all of my blocks are done and I am cutting my fake applique blocks out, 10 more to go! Your modifications to the pattern look very elegant!

    ReplyDelete